Below is a brief explanation of terms and references made within the stock market community.
If you need more info click onto the word and it should take you to a full blog or more information on that subject.
- Bears – When the market is moving in a downtrend.
- Bulls – When the market is moving in an uptrend.
- Candle – A form of measuring and displaying prices.
- Consolidation – The market is just trading sideways not up or down.
- EMA – Exponential Moving Average
- Heikin Ashi – Different style of candle but still displaying price movement
- KISS – Keep It Simple Stupid
- Long – To open a buy position hoping the price increases.
- MA – Moving average
- Pivot – Also known as support and resistance a level which the market might reverse from the current trend.
- Pip – or pips refereed to as single unit on the stock market $31.01 the .01 is one pip.
- Short – To open a sell position hoping the price falls
- Stop-loss – a level which the market will automatically close NOT GUARANTEED
- Trend – The market heading in a certain direction up or down.